EDITOR AND INTERN POSITIONS OPEN!
We are looking to expand our website She Works by opening more intern positions and introducing another editor position to our ranks!
As an intern, you will be involved with:
- Arranging, transcribing and editing interviews with women in many interesting careers;
- Helping with social media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram;
- Working closely with the Editor-in-Chief and Assistant Editor to develop and improve the website;
- Writing regular features for our features page;
- Have the opportunity to travel around the country speaking at major events for female careers.
The role allows you to pick and choose what you'd like to get involved with - our internships, whilst lending us a helping hand, are mostly for you to develop the skills you would like to put on your CV.
There is one editor position available - it involves all of the above responsibilities but with the added extra of looking after a group of interns.
Why She Works? You will:
- Gain valuable work experience from a worthwhile cause;
- Develop your journalistic skills with opportunities to interview, transcribe, write, edit and control the social media of our site;
- Do as much or as little as you want - while we expect some sort of weekly contribution to the site, we won't require hours of your time. An hour a week minimum would be grand;
- Meet some amazing, amazing women and pick up some brilliant life advice in the meantime.
This is a non-profit website, so no positions will be paid, but you get a tonne of fabulous experience on your CV and I'll write you a cracking reference whenever you need one.
Whilst the website is for women, applications are open to all gender identities, as long as you obviously have a strong interest in gender equality. We have a number of positions available, so you might as well give it a good shot.
If you would like to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will send you a short application form to fill out (nothing fancy, just to get an idea of you as a person).
DEADLINE: 13th JANUARY 2017